Search This Blog

Monday, August 10, 2009

Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies



These cookies were so easy to make! All I did was take a traditional chocolate chip cookie recipe and substitute the non-vegan components. They were tasty! And yes, I did catch my husband nibbling on them! I have to say, I could have tried substituting some of the fat with applesauce, which I will try next time. I will let u know if its any good with the applesauce substitution, but for now, here is the simple recipe.

Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 Tbsp Ground Flax Seed
1 cup Earth Balance
1 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup granulated Sugar
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Vanilla
2 1/2 cups Flour
Chocolate Chips
Walnuts, pecans, or hazelnuts

1) Wisk together the ground flax seeds with 6 Tbsp of water and set aside for 5-10 minutes.
2) Beat together earth balance, sugars, baking soda, and vanilla in a large bowl.
3) Add in the flax seed mixture and beat well.
4) Beat in 1 cup of flour, and stir the rest of the flour in with a spoon.
5) Add chocolate chips and nuts (no more than 1 1/2 cups).
6) Bake at 375F for 9-12 minutes. Do not overbake.
7) Cool on the cookie sheet as they continue to bake as the cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment