Search This Blog

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Baghrir: Moroccan Crepes


I found this recipe on cookingwithalia.com. This turned out to be some of the fastest cooking crepes I've ever made. They taste great with some honey and butter. They are soo cute when they cook and bubble up with all those little holes! I found that the recipe calls for a bit too much water. Here is the recipe written in my own words.

Baghrir
1 1/2 cup Semolina
1 1/2 cup White Flour
1 Tbsp Sugar
1 tsp Salt
1 Egg (optional)
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 packet of Yeast
3 3/4 cup Warm Water (you can add up to 4 1/2 cups of water)

1) Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix well.
2) Blend ingredients in a blender.
3) Cover and let the mixture sit for 15-30 minutes.
4) In a frying pan, Cook Baghrir on one side.
5) Melt some butter and honey in a pan to create a sauce.
6) Dip the uncooked side of the baghrir into the sauce.

Baghrir cooking on a frying pan-soo cute!



September Update: Graham Flour Baghrir
I decided to try this recipe with a healthier twist. I used graham flour instead of white flour because graham flour is healthier. Graham flour has fiber and more protein than regular white flour. I aslo used only an egg white instead of the whole egg. The baghrir still bubbled up well and tasted great. The texture also stayed nice and fluffy. Instead of a honey topping, I used sugar free syrup. Below are the pictures of these healthier baghrir.


No comments:

Post a Comment