Search This Blog

Monday, November 22, 2010

Beef Straganoff

I remember eating this dish as a kid. I hated mushrooms, especially mushroom soup, but when they were cooked in sour cream, I loved them. This was one of my favorite dishes, even though I had a habit of picking off the meat (I did not like meat as a kid either). Sometimes my mom would make this without any meat. I remember her looking confused when I asked her to make this dish without meat. She did it, and then she was surprised to see how much we still like it. The recipe below is with meat, but if your like me, you would enjoy it just as much with just mushrooms and onion.

1 lb Beef
1 1/2 Tbsp Cornstarch
1 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Chopped Onion
8 oz of Chopped Mushrooms
3/4 cup Beef Broth
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp Pepper
3/8 cup Sour Cream
3 Tbsp Chopped Parsley
8 oz Cooked Curly Egg Noodles

1) Cut beef diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
2) In a small bowl, coat slices with cornstarch.
3) Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high.
4) Add onion and saute for 1 minute.
5) Add mushrooms, cover, and cook down for 2 minutes.
6)Add the broth, salt and pepper and simmer for 5 minutes.
7) Remove from heat. Stir in Sour Cream and parsley.
8) Serve over prepared egg noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment