Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Moroccan Mint Tea- My way


I love mint tea. Moroccans are very proud of their mint-tea tradition. I dont have any fancy traditional moroccan tea sets, so I prepare it my own way. The process is very simple, and it comes out great. Since I drink a lot of tea, I like to sweeten mine with Stevia. I dont want all the calories or the glucose from the sugar.

Mint Tea
Gunpowder Tea
Fresh mint
Water
Sugar or other sweetener

1) Boil water in a tea kettle.
2) Place a tablespoon of gunpowder tea in another kettel.
3) Rinse the gunpowder tea with a bit of the boiling water. This step is crucial. If the gunpowder tea is not rinsed, it will make the tea bitter.
4) Pour the rest of the boiling water into the pot with the rinsed gunpowder tea.
5) Add in the fresh mint leaves and let the mixture sit for 5-10 minutes.
6) Pour the tea back and forth between two kettles to mix it.
7) Add sugar and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment