Search This Blog

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Coconut Chicken and Rice


I love coconuts. I love coconut milk and almost anything made with it. I believe this is a Thai recipe, but I am not sure. Its absolutely tasty and goes great with jasmine rice (which I will explain how to cook below). The rice in the picture above is regular rice, but in my opinion, jasmine rice is tastier.

Coconut Chicken and Jasmine Rice
3 Chicken Breasts
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
3 Minced Cloves of Garlic
1 Can of Coconut Milk
Salt and Pepper-to taste
2 tsp Curry Powder
1 tsp Boullion (or 1 cube dissolved)
1 Zucchini, sliced

1) Fry the chicken in the oil till browned.
2) Add the garlic and stir for a minute,
3) Add in the coconut milk, spices, and boullion. Simmer for 20 minutes uncovered.
4) Add in the zucchini and simmer for 10 more minutes.

Cooking Jasmine Rice
1 cup Jasmine Rice
4 cups of Water
1 tsp Salt
1 Tbsp oil

1) Boil the water.
2) Add the salt, oil, and rice. Stir.
3) Once the rice boils, set the timmer for 10 minutes. Cook uncovered.
4) Drain all the water from the rice in a strainer and let it sit for 5 minutes.
5) Serve.
4

No comments:

Post a Comment